Amanzimtoti, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa
Agent: Cliff Jacobs - Managing Principal Estate Agent & CEO (Nat.Dpl.Hotel Man (UJ). M.P.R.E.)
Agent Cellphone: +27 (0) 84 413 1071 / +27 (0) 61 716 6951
Agent Office Number: +27 (0) 21 554 0283
Agent Email Address: email@example.com
Type: Beach Lodge
Yield: Not Disclosed
Factsheet of our Beach Lodge
• Laundry - Commercial washing machine (50KG capacity) & commercial dryer (35KG).
• Staff toilet.
• Self-catering unit, kitchen, lounge/dining room, 2 x bedrooms and 1 x bathroom.
• Swimming pool.
• 16 x parking bays in a large parking area.
• Owner/manager residence. kitchen, lounge, 4x bedrooms (3x air-conditioned), 3x bathrooms (2 en-suite).
• 2nd guest house entrance/lobby.
• Otis elevator.
• 2nd lounge and bar area.
• Guest toilet.
• Stairway to the first floor.
• Health Spa – 1x double cubicle and 1x single cubicle (2 rooms) and outside undercover foot massage area.
• Room 1 to room 7. Each room has a queen-size bed, 40” TV, mini bar fridge, air
conditioning, en-suite bathroom and sea view balcony.
• Laundry room for all linen, room/bathroom amenities and crockery/glassware.
• Walkway to building 3.
• Main building seaside.
• Swimming pool.
• 9x parking bays in the large parking lot.
Ground floor - main reception area:
• Large gift shop.
• Guest bathroom.
• Managers office/storeroom.
• Main bar.
• Main lounge.
• Dining room (30-seater). Buffet area off the dining room.
• Undercover dining area - open on sides (16-seater).
• Commercial kitchen. 2x top loader deep freeze, 1x upright deep freeze, 2x refrigerators, 1x dishwasher, 5-plate gas stove with electrical oven.
• Crockery, cutlery, glassware for regular dining plus extra for conferencing/banqueting.
• Electrical appliances for commercial kitchen.
• Room 17 and room 18 are 2 x ground floor units.
• Stairwell to 1st and 2nd floor.
• Room numbers 8-13 are along the passage on the first floor.
• Conference centre. 25-seater, overhead projector, surround sound.
• Room numbers 14,15 and 16.
• Large sun deck.
• Family unit - room 19.
• 2 x en-suite bedrooms, lounge, dining room and fully fitted kitchen.
• Outside staircase to the staff room.
• General changing area and staff lockers.
• Separate lunch room.
• 1x bedroom for staff.
• 2x bathrooms with showers.
• Swimming pool.
• 6x parking bays in the tarred parking lot.
• Outside shower area.
• Family unit - room 20. One bedroomed unit with en-suite bathroom and kitchenette. The sleeper couch adds space for 2 more guests.
• Family unit - room 21. Very large 2 bedroomed unit. 1 bathroom, large lounge and dining room and fully fitted kitchen. Atrium area. This unit has a built-in barbeque area on the seaside veranda.
• The rest of building 5 consists of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1x en-suite), dining room, kitchen and lounge with fireplace. All re-furbished wooden flooring. Can be used as another, larger family unit.
- 32x Bedrooms.
- 30x Bathrooms.
- 8x Kitchens.
- 8x Dining areas.
- 2x Bars.
- Otis Elevator.
- Conference center.
- 3x Swimming pools.
- 2x Large sun decks overlooking the ocean.
- 3 phase power.
- All guest bedrooms have queen size, extra length beds, en-suite bathrooms with either shower only or bath and shower, 40” TV, air conditioner, mini bar fridge and sea view balconies.
- Outside chairs.
- Pool lounge chairs.
- Outdoor tables/benches.
- 3x Large, separate car parks. Electronic automated gates. 31x Parking bays.
- 16 x CCTV cameras.
- Jacuzzi (8-seater).
- 2 x Acres/7922 square metres/85271 square feet - prime sea view property.
- 24 Kilometres/15 miles from the nearest city, Durban.
The entire Lodge has been newly repainted.
We have a 250KVA generator and a 22KVA generator that allows for full usage of all facilities during power outages.
Amanzimtoti is a coastal town just south of Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. The town is well known for its warm climate and numerous beaches, and is a popular tourist destination, particularly with surfers. The annual sardine run attracts many to the Toti beaches.
According to local legend, when the Zulu king Shaka led his army down the south coast on a raid against the Pondos in 1828, he rested on the banks of a river. When drinking the water, he exclaimed "Kanti amanzi mtoti" (isiZulu: "So, the water is sweet"). The river came to be known as Amanzimtoti ("Sweet Waters"). The Zulu word for "sweet" is actually mnandi, but, as Shaka's mother had the name Nandi, he invented the word toti to replace mnandi out of respect not to wear out her name. Locals frequently refer to the town as "Toti". In 2009 the KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Geographical Names Committee recommended changing the town's name to aManzamtoti/eManzamtoti.
King Shaka visited the area whilst on a raid down to Pondoland towards the end of his reign (1816 to 1828). When Shaka stopped to rest in the area, he had his personal attendant collect water from a nearby stream. This water was presented to King Shaka in a calabash. After drinking the water he exclaimed "Kanti amanz'amtoti". Extensions of the legend tell that King Shaka had sat under a large wild fig tree to drink the water, or that he used to meet local indunas (chiefs) under a specific fig tree. The exact tree is unknown; one tree laying claim to the distinction fell down in March 1972, and another fell down in June 1981.
Early colonial history
Dick King passed through the Amanzimtoti area on his way to Grahamstown in 1842 in order to request help for the besieged British garrison at Port Natal (now the Old Fort, Durban). The route that Dick King took through Amanzimtoti later became a road named Kingsway.
In 1847 Dr Newton Adams moved from Umlazi (where he had established a mission station in 1836) to Amanzimtoti and started a new mission station. Dr Adams died in 1851, and the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions sent Rev. Rood to Amanzimtoti in 1853 with the express object of opening up a school. Adams Mission Church was built inland of Amanzimtoti in 1852, and Adams College was built in 1853. The college was first named "Amanzimtoti Institute" and was later renamed after Dr. Adams in the 1930s.
Different accounts identify the first house in the Amanzimtoti area, with one reference claiming a house on the south side of the Amanzimtoti River as the oldest house and another claiming a house to the north of the river as the oldest. The "first house" in Amanzimtoti, known as Klein Frystaat ("Little Free State"), was owned by Howard Wright and was situated "on the north side of the back of the old Anglican Church" on Adams Road. The house was demolished in 1984. However, the "best guess" for the first house built in Amanzimtoti is 1895, and it may have been on the "headland" south of Amanzimtoti Lagoon.
The Lodge is situated right on the banks of the warm Indian Ocean. Each room has a 180-degree sea view. Our rooms have private balconies, so close to the ocean you can hear the waves crashing nearby. We are a stone throw from the beach. The lodge is 20 kilometres south of Durban and 50 kilometres from King Shaka Airport. We are proudly South African and rated a 4-star establishment by The Grading Council of South Africa.
Out of the ordinary accommodation
The luxurious rooms of our Lodge offer dark-wood furniture and carved bed frames. Nature-themed paintings add a touch of colour, and the bathrooms have stone finishings and mosaic vanities. Each room has a 180-degree sea view. Our rooms have private balconies, so close to the ocean you can hear the waves crashing nearby.
Our deluxe rooms have queen size beds and en-suite bathrooms with a bath, shower, or both, DSTV, minibars, and complimentary tea/coffee.
Our Lodge includes 3 Family units
Unit 19 has 2 en-suite rooms, 1 room has a queen-size bed and the other 2 singles which can be moved together to make a king size. The Unit has a kitchen, dining room and lounge. It leads out onto a big wooden deck with a beautiful sea view.
Unit 20 is an open plan unit with a queen-size bed and a sleeper couch. The unit has a small kitchen and bathroom. The unit is non-sea facing, however, it has a private garden area.
Unit 21 has two rooms with one shared bathroom 1 room has a queen-size bed and the other 2 singles which can be moved together to make a king-size bed. The unit has a large open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge area and has a big veranda with a braai facility with a beautiful 180-degree sea view.
With World-Class facilities
This property is 3-minutes walk from the beach. With a beachfront location in Amanzimtoti, this lodge features spacious rooms with wooden balconies overlooking the Indian Ocean. Its outdoor pool is surrounded by lush gardens and palm trees.
Guests can enjoy a fine meal in the dining room. They can also relax on wooden loungers while enjoying scenic views and the fresh ocean breeze, with a refreshing beverage from the bar. The guest house has a spa and a gift shop.
Secure parking. Internet facilities. Dinners on request. Airport transfers.
Out of the ordinary relaxation facilities
As the body is a temple and soothing oneself is nearly spiritual, take advantage of the opportunity to experience bliss mere steps from your room or suite. Come for an hour, stay the afternoon, rest at our on-site luxury spa and emerge re-energized.
Traditional African Royal Foot Ritual – where tired feet are massaged and then soaked in a Fresh Petal bath.
Spa Body Treatment
Invigorating Spa Body Treatment with a choice of Body Wash, Exfoliation or Body Brushing.
Full Body Massage
Traditional African Full Body Massage where Hot Stones and a blend of Essential Oils and treatments are used.
Revitalizing spa facial with pressure point massage using our signature aromatic oils and applications.
Cliff Jacobs (Nat Dpl Hotel Man (UJ). MPRE. GA Level 5 TEFL) Managing Principal / CEO Exquisite Hotel Consultants (Pty) Ltd Mobile: +27 (0) 84 413 1071 / +27 (0) 61 716 6951 Landline: +27 (0) 21 554 0283 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: https://www.exquisitehotelconsultants.com C/o Sybelstrasse 69 10629 Berlin GERMANY Terms and Conditions apply Scroll down to view our Hospitality Properties and Businesses for sale or lease or lease-to-buy or partnership arrangement or management agreement arrangement
Cliff Jacobs (Nat Dpl Hotel Man (UJ). MPRE. GA Level 5 TEFL)
Managing Principal / CEO
Exquisite Hotel Consultants (Pty) Ltd
Mobile: +27 (0) 84 413 1071 / +27 (0) 61 716 6951
Landline: +27 (0) 21 554 0283
C/o Sybelstrasse 69
Terms and Conditions apply
Scroll down to view our Hospitality Properties and Businesses for sale or lease or lease-to-buy or partnership arrangement or management agreement arrangement